Creamy Biscuits and Gravy0 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“This is a perfectly rich, great-tasting breakfast option for that occasional Sunday morning when you don't care about calories!” - by bizzymomma
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Whisk 2 cups flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt together in a bowl; cut shortening into flour mixture with a pastry cutter until mixture is crumbly. Mix in egg and milk until incorporated. Turn dough out onto a well-floured work surface and knead for 1 minute.
- Roll dough out to a thickness of 3/4 to 1-inch thick, cut with a biscuit cutter, and place biscuits onto prepared baking sheet. Brush tops of biscuits with melted butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until biscuits are golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cook and stir sausage in a large skillet over medium heat until browned and crumbly, about 10 minutes. Drain excess grease. Stir 1/4 cup butter into sausage until butter has melted and mix in 1/4 cup flour until thoroughly combined. Pour evaporated milk and water into sausage mixture, bring gravy to a simmer, and reduce heat to low; simmer gravy until thickened, about 5 minutes. Season gravy with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve biscuits with sausage gravy.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 431 cal
- 29.7 g
- 28.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Fried Chicken with Creamy Gravy
Gloria's Sausage Gravy with Biscuits
Just swipe to see more like this.