Health Nut Oatmeal Cookies28 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 20 min
“These are cookies you won't need to feel guilty about! This recipe combines oats, hazelnuts, sunflower seeds, flax seeds and wheat germ for a nutty, tasty treat.” - by Allie
Original recipe yields 3 dozen
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, then stir in the vanilla and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, combine the oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, hazelnuts, sunflower seeds, flax seeds and wheat germ; gradually stir into the creamed mixture.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls, a couple of inches apart, onto cookie sheet(s).
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving (36 total)
- 91 cal
- 5.1 g
- 10.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (28)Rate This Recipe
"Yummmmy! I made cookie bars instead of cookies. Very moist! I cut the butter in half and used about 3/4 c applesauce. I added raisins and omitted the sunflower seeds (only cause I didn't have any ..." See morein the house). I used flax seed meal instead of the seeds and used about 3 T. My husband, who is use to me baking all sorts of goodies on the weekends, lovessss these (he recently changed his diet due to high cholesterol, so I have been looking for a tasty baked good that is lower in fat). Definitly a keeper...thank you!"
"This is a wonderful recipe! I did not have any wheat germ so I substituted more oatmeal and they turned out just fine. It is nice to find a healthy recipe that still tates great. I will definitely ..." See morebe making these cookies often!"
"With all the sugar, butter and white processed flour, I wouldn't really consider this a healthy cookie. I gave them a try with some changes...applesauce for 1/2 the butter, cutting back on the sugar ..." See moreby half and using spelt flour (whole wheat flour would be a good alternative, too). I'm not sure how different they tasted from the original but they were much healthier and they tasted really good. I only gave it 3 stars because I had to make changes to really make them a healthy snack."
Coconut Oatmeal Cookies I
Cocoa Oatmeal Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.