Sloppy Juan0 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 2 hr
“Give your sloppy joe sandwich a Mexican twist with chorizo, cilantro, chili powder, and cumin.” - by Allrecipes
Original recipe yields 4 sandwiches
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, 1/4 cup cilantro, green onions, chipotle chili powder, 1 tablespoon lime juice, garlic basil spread, and cumin in a small bowl. Stir until combined; season with salt and black pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat; cook and stir chorizo, ground beef, and coriander until meat is browned, about 15 minutes. Drain and discard fat. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Stir cabbage, green bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, orange bell pepper, jalapeno, and water into chorizo mixture; cook and stir until peppers soften, about 10 minutes. Add brown sugar and chili powder; cook and stir until water is evaporated and sauce is thick, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup cilantro and juice of 1 lime over the chorizo mixture and remove from heat.
- Spread each hoagie bun with 1 tablespoon chipotle mayo. Evenly distribute the chorizo mixture among the 4 sandwiches.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat; fry eggs, 2 to 4 at a time if necessary, until whites are set but yolks are still soft, about 2 minutes per side. Place two eggs atop each sandwich.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 1077 cal
- 77.5 g
- 58.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Just swipe to see more like this.