Venison Burgers0 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 55 min
“A co-worker of my son gave us some freshly-killed venison earlier this year. I had sectioned it and frozen it. I had some I had marked 'for grind' that I wanted to use. My husband and son raved about these delicious burgers!” - by egardenut
Original recipe yields 6 sandwiches
- Grind partially frozen venison meat and pork butt together using a meat grinder or food processor; transfer to a large bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat unsalted butter in a skillet over medium-low heat; cook and stir onion, mushrooms, and 1 pinch salt in the melted butter until onion is soft and translucent, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- Gently mix ground venison-pork mixture, onion mixture, yogurt, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, and black pepper together in a bowl until just combined. Form into 6 patties and arrange on a large plate. Cover plate with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Mix mayonnaise, steak sauce, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, and lime juice together in a bowl until smooth. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving time.
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F (110 degrees C).
- Spread 1/2 teaspoon butter onto the inside of each split bun.
- Heat a non-stick pan over low heat; cook buns, buttered sides down, in the heated pan until lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer buns to a baking sheet and keep warm in the preheated oven.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat; cook burgers, sprinkling each side with a pinch of salt, in the hot skillet until your desired degree of doneness is reached, 3 to 4 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
- Top each burger with a tomato slice and two slices pepper Jack cheese. Remove skillet from heat and cover pan until cheese is slightly melted, about 5 minutes. Spread 1 to 2 tablespoons of sauce onto the inside of each bun bottom. Add a cheese-tomato burger to each bun bottom; top each burger with bun top.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 780 cal
- 51.6 g
- 32.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Venison Bacon Burgers
Amazing Venison Meatloaf
Just swipe to see more like this.