Cinnamon Lemon Cookies6 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 30 min
“These cinnamon cookies are given a hint of citrus with the addition of lemon zest.” - by Desiree
Original recipe yields 60 cookies
- Beat butter and 1 cup sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth. Beat egg and vanilla extract into the butter until completely blended. Add flour, cinnamon, baking powder, lemon zest, and salt; continue mixing until flour is just incorporated. Cover bowl with plastic wrap; refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Stir 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl; spread onto a flat surface.
- Divide dough into about 60 small balls. Roll balls in cinnamon-sugar mixture to coat. Arrange onto baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven until edges are lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (60 total)
- 46 cal
- 1.7 g
- 7.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"I love it when I'm the first reviewer of a recipe and it's a winner - and such is the case here! I wasn't sure I was going to like the lemon mixed with the cinnamon but I'm so glad I gave it a try. ..." See moreThis is a cute, soft, buttery little Snickerdoodle of a cookie with just a hint of fresh lemon. No, actually this is more cinnamony than a Snickerdoodle because there's cinnamon in the dough here. I also generally don't like soft cookies but THIS soft cookie is gooood. My only criticism, and it's a small one that in no way affects the cookie, is that there was probably twice as much of the cinnamon-sugar mixture than I needed. I'll consider it that I'm ahead of the game, because now I have a batch of cinnamon-sugar all mixed up and ready to go for the next time I make these or maybe to sprinkle on muffins!"
"These are yummy and very cinnamon-y! Like a super cinnamon snickerdoodle with a hint of lemon. I cut the cinnamon-sugar mixture in half, and STILL had a lot left over. Also, I only got 40 cookies, ..." See moreusing a small cookie scoop (each ball being about 1" in diameter). Baked for about 12 minutes. They are crispy on the outside, and soft and chewy on the inside. So nice with a glass of cold milk! I couldn't stop eating them!"
Cinnamon Sugar Butter Cookies II
Lemon Butter Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.