Country Beef Stew2 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 3 hr
- Ready In: 3 hr 15 min
“The most comforting of comfort foods, beef sirloin cubes are baked to perfection in a Dutch oven with vegetables and diced tomatoes. I thought this recipe was tasty, relatively healthy, and a definite comfort food during a blizzard. Keep an eye on your fluid levels; I thought they were too low. My next attempt will likely have more water or a broth if I can find one without sodium.” - by beloiter
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place a Dutch oven or heavy oven-safe pan into oven as it preheats.
- Toss beef cubes with canola oil in a bowl to coat. Stir garlic and herb seasoning with flour in a shallow bowl; dredge beef in seasoned flour to coat. Place beef into the hot Dutch oven and bake for 30 minutes, turning beef cubes over twice. Stir mixed vegetables, diced tomatoes, potatoes, and pearl onions into beef; cover with lid and return to oven.
- Place beef into the hot Dutch oven and bake for 30 minutes, turning beef cubes over twice. Stir mixed vegetables, diced tomatoes, potatoes, and pearl onions into beef; cover with lid and return to oven.
- Reduce oven heat to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Bake stew in the oven until meat is tender, about 2 1/2 hours.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 438 cal
- 10.6 g
- 60.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
Mom's Hearty Beef Stew with Dumplings
Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Just swipe to see more like this.