Cute Cranberry Tangerine Muffins1 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“When my dad brought home a bag of cute little tangerines, I needed a way to use them up quickly, so I composed this yummy, crumbly muffin recipe filled with loads of tangerine sweetness and just enough cranberry tartness!” - by Stevie Bowden
Original recipe yields 1 dozen muffins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- Simmer dried cranberries and tangerine juice in a small saucepan over medium heat; remove pan from heat and set aside to cool.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl. Mix butter, tangerine zest, and 1 cup sugar in a separate large bowl, using an electric mixer, until mixture is light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl and beat eggs into butter mixture, one at a time, until thoroughly combined.
- Gently fold flour mixture into the butter mixture, alternating with milk in two additions, until batter is just mixed. Fold cranberries and juice into batter. Pour batter into prepared muffin cups and top with 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until muffins are golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in pan on a rack.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 260 cal
- 8.9 g
- 42.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"This is a great recipe. I didn't do anything with the "basics" meaning the flour, sugar, baking powder...however, I didn't have tangerines but had a few blood oranges left that I wanted to use up. I..." See more microwaved the cranberries and juice for about 90 seconds instead of simmering on the stove and then let them cool. After everything was mixed in I on a whim threw in about 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips and omitted the sugar sprinkle on top. Theses are amazing, just a little sweet and probably because I added the chocolate. Next time I would go with 3/4 cup sugar. Just as an afterthought...I might also reduce the temp to 350 for myself. 375 browned them quite quickly and the inside wasn't quite ready."
Lemon Cranberry Muffins
Healthy Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins
Just swipe to see more like this.