Upside-down Ham and Cheese Quiche2 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 55 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“I overlooked the original recipe and made couple wrong steps...but it turned out super good! All of my in-laws and colleagues loved it!” - by Dessertaholic
Original recipe yields 1 10-inch quiche
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Squeeze and drain any excess moisture from hash brown potatoes.
- Stir potatoes and butter in a bowl; press mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 10-inch pie dish to make a crust.
- Bake crust in preheated oven until lightly browned, 25 minutes.
- Beat heavy cream and eggs in a bowl. Remove potato crust from pie dish and break apart; stir potatoes into egg mixture in a bowl. Layer ham and Monterey Jack cheese blend into bottom of the empty pie dish; pour egg-potato mixture over ham and cheese.
- Bake quiche in preheated oven until eggs are set, about 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 286 cal
- 25.2 g
- 15.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"Recipe error - step 1 says to cook the potatoes to make the quiche shell, but then step 4 says add the potatoes to the egg and cream?! I only realized this during cooking. Dur. But I had only used ..." See moreabout 3/4 of one 20-oz package of hash browns. Usually I use 3 eggs and 1 cup of cream in my quiches, so this seemed like a very small amount and didn't really make up a quiche, more like a pie - and I still don't know what it would have been like had I added potatoes in step 4. Also, needs more seasoning, like onions, salt and pepper."
"As written this recipe uses an odd method. I read the directions several times and decided to approach this another way. It seemed so odd to make a potato crust and then break it up to add to the egg..." See mores. I used a 10" cast iron skillet, heated with a little oil and browned the potatoes stove top until they were fully cooked and crispy. 2 eggs for 1/2 cup cream didn't seem like enough so I upped the eggs to 4 and scrambled them with the cream. Poured the egg mixture over the potatoes, topped with the diced ham and the cheese and baked at 350 for about 15 minutes. The end result was fine but certainly not a quiche."
Ham and Cheese Quiche
Becky's Healthier Ham and Cheese Quiche
Just swipe to see more like this.