Old-Fashioned Cracker Dressing1 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“This old-fashioned dressing is a great side dish for the Thanksgiving or alongside roast chicken. Made with saltine crackers, celery, onions, and herbs, it's simple and satisfying.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion, celery, and 1 teaspoon salt in melted butter until onion begins to turn translucent, about 5 minutes. season with black pepper, sage, thyme, rosemary, and cayenne pepper; cook and stir about 1 minute.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in chicken broth.
- Combine crushed crackers and onion mixture in a large bowl. Add egg and cream; mix until combined. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Spread cracker mixture evenly in a large baking dish and smooth the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is golden brown, 40 to 45 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 189 cal
- 9.6 g
- 21.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe More Reviews
Passover Mushroom Dressing
Just swipe to see more like this.