Garlic and Parmesan Chicken Wings6 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“The trick to keeping these oven-baked chicken wings crispy, is parboiling the wings in a flavorful liquid, which helps season the chicken and produce a surface texture in the oven that your guests will swear came straight out of a deep fryer.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 4 pounds chicken wings
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat foil with cooking spray.
- Combine water, vinegar, 1/4 cup salt, bay leaf, thyme, oregano, and rosemary in a large stockpot and bring to a boil. Add chicken wings, return to a boil, and cook for 15 minutes. Remove chicken wings with a slotted spoon to a cooling rack and allow to dry for 15 minutes.
- Mash garlic and a pinch of salt together in a mortar and pestle until smooth.
- Combine mashed garlic, olive oil, black pepper, and red pepper flakes in a large bowl. Add chicken wings and bread crumbs; toss to coat. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 276 cal
- 19.3 g
- 5.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"I made these wings for a wing cook-off on Super Bowl Sunday. I won first place (and $100). So, although they were all eaten before I got a chance to try them, they must have been great. I mixed the..." See more par-boil ingredients early that morning and used fresh herbs (just cuz I happened to have them). I liked the par-boiling so I didn't have to worry too much about the timing of the baking step."
"Made them last nite. Loved them. Great flavor, I wouldn't change a thing!!!!..." See more"
Half Time Hoisin Chicken Wings
Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
Just swipe to see more like this.