Chef John's Baked Eggplant Sandwiches2 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 8 min
- Ready In: 38 min
“These breaded and baked eggplant sandwiches are the perfect make-ahead appetizer for your next potluck.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 4 sandwiches
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and drizzle foil with 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Beat eggs in a small, shallow bowl. Mix flour, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper in a large shallow dish. Sprinkle bread crumbs in another large shallow dish.
- Top one slice of eggplant with 1/4 slice cheese, 3 slices salami, and 1/4 slice cheese. Place an equally-sized slice of eggplant on top. Repeat with remaining eggplant slices, cheese, and salami.
- Gently press each eggplant sandwich into the flour to coat; shake off excess. Dip into the beaten egg, then press into bread crumbs. Place on the prepared baking sheet while you repeat with remaining eggplant sandwiches.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon olive oil and sprinkle 1 teaspoon Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese equally over the sandwiches.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Flip sandwiches and sprinkle 1 teaspoon Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Bake until browned and a paring knife inserts easily into the eggplant, 8 to 10 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 2048 cal
- 146.1 g
- 58.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"going to try this sounds great and i worked the calories and it is closer to 230 per servings..." See more"
Chef John's Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
Baked Eggplant Antipasto
Just swipe to see more like this.