Bayrischer Schweinebraten (Bavarian Roast Pork)4 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 3 hr
- Ready In: 3 hr 20 min
“Roast pork is totally simple to make, and because my nieces keep asking for the recipe, I've published it here now.” - by Lena
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Season pork loin with salt, black pepper, paprika, and caraway seeds; spread mustard over pork.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; fry pork until browned on all sides, about 15 minutes. Transfer pork to a large roasting pan. Add onion, carrots, celeriac, and spring onion to the same skillet used to fry pork; cook and stir until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Spread vegetable mixture around pork in roasting pan.
- Pour 1 cup hot water into the skillet used to cook the pork and vegetables; simmer and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom with a spatula. Pour water over pork.
- Bake in preheated oven until pork is slightly pink in the center, 2 1/2 to 3 hours, basting often. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C). If vegetables become dry, add 1 cup hot water, or as needed.
- Transfer pork roast to a large platter and keep warm. Strain remaining liquid through a sieve into a saucepan; reserve vegetables.
- Bring liquid to a boil and add butter and cornstarch; simmer until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes. Slice pork and serve with sauce and vegetables.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 346 cal
- 21.1 g
- 9.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"Very nice! I substituted Chardonnay for the water in step 4. Spring Onion is also known as scallions or green onion, I never heard of Spring Onion before, learned something new. Absolutely delicious r..." See moreecipe!"
"Delicious! I modified the cooking time for my smaller pork roast. I used the roast that comes packaged from Costco so it was very quick...." See more"
"It was ok - I put it in the slow cooker, which caused it to fall apart. We turned it into pulled pork sandwiches. The smell in the home caused my 2 kids, German exchange student and husband to all s..." See moreay they didn't want it...it definitely tasted better than it smelled. I likely won't make it again."
Brined and Stuffed Pork Loin Roast
Palak Paneer (Indian Spinach and Paneer)
Just swipe to see more like this.