Rhode Island-Style Pizza Strips aka Bakery Pizza0 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“This recipe is inspired by the bakery pizza I used to have as a kid that can only be had in Rhode Island's Italian bakeries and markets. Don't let the lack of toppings stop you from trying this delicious recipe. Great for a party and kids love it!” - by Rebecca C.
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease 2 baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Divide dough in half and roll or press each half out onto each prepared baking sheet into rectangles.
- Mix crushed tomatoes, pepperoni, 1/4 cup olive oil, Romano cheese, sugar, salt, garlic, oregano, and black pepper in a bowl, stirring to dissolve sugar and salt. Spread half the sauce evenly over each crust, spreading it all the way to the edges. Drizzle top of each pizza with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the sauce looks dry at the edges, still moist in the middle, and crusts are crisp on the bottom, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let cool to room temperature on racks and cut each pizza into 8 strips about 9 inches long and 3 inches wide.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 275 cal
- 12.4 g
- 33 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Jet Swirl Pizza Appetizers
Italian Pesto Pizza
Just swipe to see more like this.