Book Club Herb Roasted Chicken and Vegetables0 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 3 hr 50 min
“A crowd pleaser. Perfect for large get-togethers (double recipe) or just for a family dinner. Please note: I do not have a double oven, thus 1 1/2 hour cook time.” - by Risa
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Mix olive oil, thyme, rosemary, oregano, and paprika in a bowl. Divide herb mixture in half, pouring half into a separate bowl, and stir lime juice into one of the halves. Pour each half into a separate large plastic resealable bag. Place chicken pieces into the bag without the lime juice; squeeze excess air out of bag and seal.
- Place onions and red bell peppers into a resealable plastic bag and pour half the marinade containing lime juice into the bag. Place broccoli, asparagus, and garlic into another resealable plastic bag and pour remaining lime juice marinade over vegetables. Squeeze excess air from both bags and seal. Refrigerate chicken and both bags of vegetables at least 2 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Transfer red bell peppers and onions to a baking dish; transfer broccoli, asparagus, and garlic to a separate baking dish. Bake both dishes of vegetables in the preheated oven for 20 minutes; stir and roast 10 more minutes. Remove vegetables from oven.
- Transfer marinated chicken into a roasting pan, shaking off excess marinade and discarding used marinade. Scatter fingerling potatoes around chicken pieces. Roast chicken for 30 minutes and flip chicken pieces and potatoes.
- Distribute all the vegetables into the roasting pan with the chicken pieces and potatoes. Roast until the chicken juices run clear, chicken is no longer pink inside, and an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest piece of chicken reads at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C), about 30 more minutes. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 716 cal
- 53.7 g
- 24.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Roasted Herb Chicken & Potatoes
Roasted Vegetable Chicken
Just swipe to see more like this.