Herb-Roasted Cornish Hens3 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 45 min
“Roasted with lemon, garlic, onion and a medley of fresh herbs, this is sure to please anytime or for special occasions.” - by Michelle Mullis
Original recipe yields 4 cornish hens
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Arrange celery stalks next to each other in the bottom of a heavy roasting pan.
- Place 1 onion quarter, 1 lemon quarter, and 1 sprig rosemary in the cavity of each hen. Rub outside of hens with 1 tablespoon olive oil; sprinkle with salt and lemon pepper. Arrange hens atop celery; sprinkle with tarragon, basil, thyme, and chopped rosemary. Scatter garlic cloves and 1 chopped onion around hens.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Whisk wine, broth, and 3 tablespoons olive oil together in a bowl; pour over hens.
- Cook hens until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 50 more minutes, basting every 15 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Turn off oven and let hens rest in the oven for 10 more minutes.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 814 cal
- 56 g
- 17.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"yum yum yum!!!!!! Kidlets were excited about "tiny chickens" and ate these bad boys up not to mention my mom and my boyfriend!!! very good with lots of fresh flavor!..." See more"
Glazed Cornish Game Hens With Apricot Pistachio Dressing
Cornish Hens the Easy Way
Just swipe to see more like this.