Orange Glazed Cornish Hen0 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 2 hr 15 min
“Marinate the hens for at least an hour. While they're marinating in the refrigerator, start making the sauce.” - by JDP4445
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Mix olive oil, 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, lemon zest and juice, orange zest and juice, garlic, salt, and black pepper together in a large resealable bag. Add hens, seal bag, and coat hens with marinade. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, flipping the bag 1 or 2 times to redistribute marinade.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Mix orange juice, soy sauce, honey, 1/4 cup Dijon mustard, onion, ginger, and black pepper together in a bowl.
- Remove hens from marinade and transfer to a roasting pan, discarding leftover marinade.
- Roast hens in the preheated oven for 50 minutes. Brush hens with orange glaze and roast for 5 more minutes. Flip hens, brush with more glaze, and roast until meat is no longer pink in the center, about 5 more minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Amount Per Serving (2 total)
- 1235 cal
- 56.4 g
- 129.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Orange and Maple Glazed Turkey
Cornish Hen with Tart Cherry Sauce
Just swipe to see more like this.