Honey Mustard Corned Beef Brisket and Cabbage2 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 3 hr 40 min
- Ready In: 3 hr 55 min
“My father used to make this recipe, one of his many tries (most successful)! But this one stands out as one of his best! Good Irish eating, just need the soda bread and your favorite beer. Hmmmmmmm. Serve with boiled red potatoes, cabbage, and asparagus. Enjoy!” - by Tracy85710
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Place corned beef with fat side down into a large slow cooker and pour enough water over corned beef to cover. Cook on High until beef is tender, about 3 hours.
- Place potatoes into a large pot, cover with water, and stir in salt to taste; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain.
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add cabbage, cover, and steam until tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and stir honey and horseradish mustard into butter. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Place corned beef, fat side down, into a roasting pan. Pour half the honey-mustard sauce over brisket; broil until corned beef is golden brown, about 5 minutes. Serve corned beef with boiled potatoes and cabbage, topped with remaining honey-mustard sauce.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 607 cal
- 35.3 g
- 57.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"family loved it..." See more"
"I've never been a big fan of corned beef & I only make it once a year for St. Patty's Day...but after trying this recipe, I will make it more often. YUM!! The only things I did differenty were to add ..." See morethe spice packet (that came w/the beef) to the crockpot, cut the sauce recipe in 1/2 (it made plenty) & did my potatoes & cabbage seperately. Again, YUM!!!"
Corned Beef and Cabbage I
Spicy and Tender Corned Beef
Just swipe to see more like this.