Vegetarian Polenta Pie1 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“This healthy recipe is perfect for a light dinner or side dish.” - by RR
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion, bell pepper, garlic, and oregano in the hot oil until softened, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
- Pour water into a pot and bring to a boil; add polenta and a pinch of salt. Whisk and cook polenta until thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spread and flatten polenta into a 9-inch pie plate, forming a crust. Cool to room temperature.
- Layer diced tomatoes into the cooled crust; top with onion mixture. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over filling.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 168 cal
- 7 g
- 20 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"I did not have instant polenta, so used cornmeal. It didn't thicken up real well, so next time I might use 1/4 cup less water if I'm using cornmeal. I love veggies, and could have stood many more of..." See more them in this pie, but I enjoyed it for what it was! This recipe lends itself to trying other vegetable combinations. Thanks for the recipe!"
7-Layer Meatless Tortilla Pie
Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.