Grandma's Orange Rolls with Orange Cream Cheese Frosting1 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 35 min
“Orange cream cheese frosting--how can you miss?” - by Andi
Original recipe yields 30 rolls
- Dissolve yeast in warm water and warm orange juice in a bowl. Let stand until yeast softens and begins to form a creamy foam, about 5 minutes.
- Beat warm milk, shortening, 1/4 cup white sugar, egg, and salt together in a separate bowl. Stir yeast mixture into milk mixture. Add enough flour to mixture to create a soft dough. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Grease a large bowl and two 11x7x2-inch baking sheets.
- Place dough in the greased bowl and turn dough to coat all sides. Cover bowl with plastic wrap or a clean towel and let rise in a warm place until dough is doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down and divide in half. Roll each half on a lightly floured surface creating 2 15x10-inch rectangles.
- Mix 1 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup softened butter, and 2 tablespoons orange zest in a bowl until smooth; spread half the filling onto each dough rectangle. Roll each rectangle around the filling, jelly roll-style, starting with the long end creating a log. Cut each log into 15 rolls.
- Arrange rolls on the prepared baking sheets. Cover baking sheets with plastic wrap and let rolls rise until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Remove plastic wrap from baking sheets.
- Bake rolls in the preheated oven until lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Beat confectioners' sugar, cream cheese, 3 tablespoons softened butter, orange juice, and 2 teaspoons orange zest in a bowl until frosting is smooth. Spread frosting on the warm rolls.
Amount Per Serving (30 total)
- 195 cal
- 7.6 g
- 29.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"Pretty tasty! They aren't a very sweet roll, so if you like sweets for breakfast, you may want to add more sugar in the filling or perhaps in the dough itself. I added some cinnamon to the filling a..." See morend I think it was a good choice!"
Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting (The World's Best!)
Gingerbread Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Just swipe to see more like this.