Grand Marnier® Souffle1 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“Presenting this gorgeous Grand Marnier souffle to your Valentine at the end of a romantic dinner would certainly impress, but imagine actually making this while they watch.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 2 souffles
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Brush the insides of 2 (8-ounce) ramekins with 1 tablespoon melted butter and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar. Place on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter and 2 teaspoons butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat; cook and stir flour in the melted butter until golden brown and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Pour in milk and cook, stirring continuously, until smooth and thick, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Stir orange zest and 1 tablespoon brandy-based orange liqueur into butter mixture until combined. Add egg yolks and 1/8 teaspoon vanilla; mix until smooth.
- Whisk egg whites in a large bowl until frothy. Slowly add half the 1/4 cup sugar and whisk until combined; add remaining sugar and continue to whisk until meringue is thick and holds it shape, but is not stiff.
- Fold half the meringue into egg yolk mixture until combined. Gently fold in second half until well mixed. Transfer to the prepared ramekins, allowing 1/4-inch of space at the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until risen and browned, 16 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (2 total)
- 396 cal
- 21 g
- 41.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"My first time making a souffle! Came out perfect and super delish! My daughter and I devoured it! Thanks for a great recipe!..." See more"
Cosmopolitan with Grand Marnier(R)
Just swipe to see more like this.