Dark Chocolate and Mint Ice Cream Torte1 Reviews
- Prep: 1 hr
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 6 hr 25 min
“Layers of chocolate and mint work their tasty magic in this delicious frozen dessert.” - by NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE®
Original recipe yields 12 to 16 servings
- Combine crumbs and melted butter in small bowl. Set aside 1/4 cup for border. Sprinkle heaping 2/3 cup crumb mixture over bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Press down lightly. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Place morsels in medium bowl. Microwave evaporated milk in 2-cup glass measure on HIGH (100%) power for 45 seconds or until very hot. Pour evaporated milk over morsels; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate.
- Spoon by small spoonfuls half of ice cream over base, spreading evenly. Sprinkle 2/3 cup crumb mixture over ice cream. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Spread chocolate mixture over crumbs. Top with remaining chocolate crumb mixture. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Spoon remaining ice cream over crumb mixture, spreading evenly. Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture around top edge of torte. Freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, dip a knife or metal spatula in hot water; run around edge of pan to loosen ice cream. Remove outer ring. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 372 cal
- 25.2 g
- 28.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"Overall, a good ice cream pie. The chocolate layer is what made it a bit different from other recipes that I have made. I did find the freezing times to be off and ended up freezing longer at each ste..." See morep. I did freeze the pie overnight and it was fine the next day when I served it."
Dark Chocolate Crumb Bars
Dark Chocolate Creme Brulee
Just swipe to see more like this.