Dark Chocolate Creme Brulee0 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 8 hr 10 min
“These rich, creamy dark chocolate creme brulee cups are an elegant dessert after a special-occasion dinner.” - by NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE®
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Place cream, half-and-half and vanilla extract in large saucepan. Bring to a boil; remove from heat. Add chocolate; whisk until melted and smooth.
- Whisk egg yolks and 1/3 cup sugar in large mixer bowl. Gradually whisk in chocolate mixture.
- Pour mixture through fine sieve into six 4-ounce ramekins or custard cups. Place ramekins in 13 x 9-inch baking dish; fill pan with hot water to 1-inch depth.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until custards jiggle slightly when pan is shaken. Cool custards in water until cool enough to handle. Remove custards from water; refrigerate for 2 hours. Cover with plastic wrap; continue to refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Preheat broiler. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon sugar over tops of each custard. Place custards on baking sheet. Broil for 3 minutes or until sugar is melted and caramelized (rotate pan as needed to prevent burning). Alternately, tops can be caramelized using kitchen torch. Refrigerate for 2 hours so that the topping can harden and the custard can cool and set.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 399 cal
- 28.9 g
- 26.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Dark Chocolate Crumb Bars
Dark Chocolate Orange Fondue from NESTLE(R)
Just swipe to see more like this.