Grandmother's Oatmeal Coconut Cookies3 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“My grandmother used to always have these cookies when we went to visit. They are the best oatmeal cookie you'll ever eat.” - by JULES2JEWELS
Original recipe yields 100 small cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat brown sugar, white sugar, and butter together with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth. Add 1 egg one at a time, allowing the first to blend into the butter mixture before adding the next with the vanilla.
- Stir flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder together in a bowl. Beat into the butter mixture until just incorporated into a dough. Fold oats, crispy rice cereal, and coconut into the dough; mixing just enough to evenly combine.
- Drop cookie dough by teaspoonful onto baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven until browned, 8 to 9 minutes. Cool cookies slightly on baking sheets before moving to cooling racks to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving (50 total)
- 101 cal
- 3.5 g
- 16.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"Jules2Jewels You are lucky your grandmother made these for you. We really liked them. A nice coconutty chew and a little crisp on the edge is just the way I like them. I threw a few butterscotch chips..." See more in the last batch, thought they were great with and without. Baking for 9 minutes worked perfectly for me"
"unbelievable... so delicious. My kids say "best cookies ever!" ( if they only knew coconut are in them!)..." See more"
"Every once in a while you find a recipe that you absolutely love. For me, this is one of those recipes. I was afraid it would be too sweet, but it was just perfect. The only change I made was to in..." See morecrease the baking time because I love cookies that have a little crunch. Thanks for sharing your Grandmother’s recipe."
Grandmother's Oatmeal Cookies
Soft Oatmeal Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.