Cornmeal Millet Poppy Seed Muffins1 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“Wonderful honey-sweetened muffins with the satisfying texture of cornmeal and the surprising crunch of toasted millet.” - by Em Caroline
Original recipe yields 1 dozen muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spread millet on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven, stirring often, until toasted and fragrant, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool, about 5 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups.
- Mix millet, flour, cornmeal, poppy seeds, 3 tablespoons sugar, lemon rind, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl.
- Whisk milk, honey, canola oil, egg, and vanilla extract together in a separate bowl. Stir milk mixture into flour mixture until just combined. Pour batter into the prepared muffin cups; sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar over batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean and tops are golden, 12 to 15 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 227 cal
- 6.7 g
- 37 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"I used spelt flour instead of all-purpose flour ,soy milk instead of cow's milk, and just eliminated the sugar. This made great muffins with a crunch! I'll be making these again!..." See more"
Orange-Almond Poppy Seed Bread
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins with Truvia(R) Baking Blend
Just swipe to see more like this.