Almond Poppy Seed Muffins1 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 30 min
“My mom has been making this for years, and it's just one of those recipes that sticks out from my childhood. It's delicious.” - by maggie
Original recipe yields 12 muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Beat sugar and butter with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy. The mixture should be noticeably lighter in color. Add egg yolks one at a time, allowing the first to blend into the butter mixture before adding the last. Beat almond extract and lemon zest into the mixture.
- Stir flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a separate bowl; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, mixing until just combined into a batter. Fold poppy seeds through the batter.
- Beat egg whites in a glass or metal bowl until stiff peaks form. Lift your beater or whisk straight up: the egg whites will form sharp peaks; fold into the batter. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups to about 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and the tops spring back when lightly pressed, 15 to 18 minutes; remove from pan and let cool on rack.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 193 cal
- 9.4 g
- 24.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"I'm sorry to say these were a total failure. Everyone that tasted them said they were too salty to eat. Next comment was that they were bland. This could easily be improved upon by using only 1/8 t..." See moresp salt and doubling the almond extract and lemon zest. These were literally so salty that I had to throw away the entire batch."
Cornmeal Millet Poppy Seed Muffins
Lemony Poppy Seed Muffins
Just swipe to see more like this.