Bird's Nest Breakfast Cups1 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“I got the basics of this recipe from a friend of mine and thought it was a great idea since these little nests can be made ahead, which I love. They are delicious, easy to make, and can be customized to your own tastes. I not only use the recipe as a delicious grab-and-go breakfast, but serve it to guests nestled into some lovely cheese grits, alongside fresh fruits and French toast made on a panini press. Oh, and don't forget the mimosas!” - by EPHESIS
Original recipe yields 24 breakfast cups
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease 24 muffin cups.
- Mix hash brown potatoes, salt, black pepper, olive oil, and 2/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese in a bowl. Divide mixture between prepared muffin cups and use your fingers to shape potato mixture into nests with hollows in the middle.
- Bake in the preheated oven until hash browns are browned on the edges and cheese has melted, 15 to 18 minutes. Remove hash brown nests.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Whisk eggs and water in a bowl until thoroughly combined; season with salt and black pepper. Pour equal amount of egg mixture into each nest; sprinkle with bacon crumbles and 1 teaspoon Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the oven until eggs are set, 13 to 16 minutes. Let cool in pans and remove by sliding a knife between potato crust and muffin cup.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 210 cal
- 16.7 g
- 13.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"These would make a great grab and go breakfast - or perfect for a brunch or shower. I would suggest baking these in disposable cupcake liners, they will slide right out and the clean up is a breeze. ..." See more I halved the recipe and instead of frozen hash browns I grated 3 medium russet potatoes with the food processor and placed the grated potato into a salad spinner. Rinsed the potatoes well in cool water and spun them dry. Next time I will build the sides of the nests a little higher. Overall, this is a solid recipe to which you can add anything you would like to customize these to your families taste."
Cheesy Amish Breakfast Casserole
Ham Cups and Eggs
Just swipe to see more like this.