Easter Nests4 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 55 min
“These Easter egg nest cupcakes are a hit. Everyone loves them!” - by Alix S.
Original recipe yields 2 dozen cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 24 cupcake cups with paper liners.
- Beat cake mix, water, vegetable oil, and eggs in a mixing bowl using an electric mixer, on low speed until mixture is moistened, 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium and beat until batter is smooth, 2 more minutes. Fill prepared cupcake cups about 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake cupcakes in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean, 18 to 23 minutes. Remove cupcakes from oven and turn oven heat up to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Let cupcakes cool.
- Spread coconut into a large, shallow baking pan or onto a baking sheet; toast in the hot oven until coconut is golden brown, about 7 minutes. Cool.
- Cut a piece out of the top of each cupcake to leave a hollow depression about 1/2 inch deep and 1 1/2 inches across. Discard cut-out portions. Frost cupcakes with chocolate frosting and cover frosting with toasted coconut. Place 3 egg-shaped candies in the small depression on top of each cupcake.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 291 cal
- 16.4 g
- 35.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"ADORABLE and DELICIOUS! I used a yellow cake mix...Can't wait to make these for the kids for Easter~YUM! Thanks for sharing. :)..." See more"
"Super cute! I used strawberry jam instead of frosting because I filled the cupcakes with strawberry jam and the frosting just seemed like too much. The toasted coconut is a wonderful idea!..." See more"
Schiacciata alla Fiorentina or Italian Easter Cake
Easter Bird's Nests
Just swipe to see more like this.