Flat Iron Steak with Mushroom Sauce0 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“A wonderful beefy flavored and inexpensive company-worthy flat iron steak with a creamy mushroom sauce. Wonderful served over roasted potatoes or a rice pilaf.” - by ALRAYNA
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Sprinkle both sides of flat iron steak with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Heat a heavy, oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat, pour 2 teaspoons vegetable oil into the hot skillet, and heat until oil shimmers. Sear steak in the hot oil until well browned, about 3 minutes per side. Remove steak from pan and reduce heat to medium.
- Pour 1 more teaspoon vegetable oil into skillet; cook and stir cremini mushrooms in hot oil until wilted and browned, about 10 minutes. Lower heat to medium-low; pour wine into mushrooms and bring to a boil. Cook until wine is slightly reduced, 3 to 5 minutes; add beef stock to vegetable mixture. Bring mixture to a simmer.
- Stir butter and flour into a paste in a small bowl, using a fork. Stir flour paste into mushroom mixture and simmer until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes. Place flat iron steak into skillet with mushroom sauce.
- Place skillet in preheated oven and cook until steak is barely pink inside, about 10 minutes. Cut steak into thin slices on the diagonal and place meat on a platter. Pour mushroom sauce over steak and garnish with chives.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 437 cal
- 30.7 g
- 6.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Grilled Flat Iron Steak with Blue Cheese-Chive Butter
Perfect Flat Iron Steak
Just swipe to see more like this.