Joyce's Fantastic Lemon Easter Bread4 Reviews
- Prep: 1 hr 30 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 45 min
“This recipe was developed by my good friend, Joyce. It was written for a bread machine, but I'm sure it could be adapted. Light bread with a wonderful lemon flavor! Try toasted...Yum!” - by parrish
Original recipe yields 3 round loaves
- Pour both amounts of warm water into a bread machine and add butter, eggs, lemon extract, bread flour, sugar, and yeast in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select dough setting and start the machine.
- Grease 3 8-inch round cake pans.
- Remove dough when cycle is finished; cut dough into 3 equal-sized pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and place into a prepared cake pan; cover and let rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake loaves in the preheated oven until lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (9 total)
- 283 cal
- 4.5 g
- 50.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"I made half this recipe without a bread machine, proofing the yeast in the water with some of the sugar until foamy. I then added the remainder of the ingredients, mixing well, and kneading until smo..." See moreoth. I made one loaf, braiding the dough to add some interest. The texture was good, and the flavor of the bread was OK, but for us, it needed butter to enjoy."
"I made this for Easter, and my family thought it was okay, not "fantastic." I could not find my lemon extract so had to substitute vanilla extract and lemon zest; the lemon flavor was nice. It was my ..." See morefirst time using my breadmaker machine; maybe that affected how my bread turned out."
"Delicious sweet bread with a hint of lemon. Wasn't overly sweet, but still a good breakfast bread. We had it for our Easter brunch. I followed the directions exactly, except I used pie pans because..." See more our cake pans are non-stick, which tends to over-brown. We brushed with melted butter and sprinkled with sanding sugar, which gave it a pretty look. Good served with butter. :)"
White Bread For The Bread Machine
DSF's Pretzel Bread
Just swipe to see more like this.