Easiest Homestyle Macaroni and Cheese4 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 55 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 25 min
“My family always expects the 'real deal' homemade macaroni and cheese, and this recipe passed the 'family taste test' with flying colors on Easter. However, this time it was much easier to make, using jarred Alfredo sauce instead of homemade white sauce. Try it. It's easy as pie, and FABULOUS!” - by Ginger Hackley
Original recipe yields 20 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 10 1/2x13 1/2-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; stir 1 teaspoon salt and vegetable oil into boiling water. Gradually stir macaroni into the boiling water and cook, stirring occasionally, until macaroni are tender but still slightly firm, about 10 minutes. Drain well and pour macaroni into prepared baking dish.
- Pour Alfredo sauce into a 3-quart microwave-safe bowl and stir processed cheese into sauce; microwave on 60 percent power for 6 minutes. Stir sauce mixture and microwave for 5 more minutes on 60 percent power. Season with black pepper and paprika. Stir 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese into mixture until cheese has melted and sauce is thick and smooth.
- Pour half the cheese sauce over macaroni and stir to coat; pour in remaining cheese mixture and stir again. Spread remaining shredded sharp Cheddar cheese over macaroni. Top casserole with bread crumbs.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the casserole is bubbling, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Broil casserole under oven's broiler for 3 to 4 minutes if you like a browned top. Let macaroni and cheese stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (20 total)
- 479 cal
- 26.7 g
- 41.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"I must have done something wrong becaue this casserole did not turn out creamy like I had expected. I followed the recipe to the word, but the first thing that didn't work was the size of the casserol..." See moree dish. I used a larger dish than stated but still could not fit all the macaroni into the dish. I will try this recipe once again cutting back on the macaroni to 16 oz. I'm hoping that works because it does have a good flavor, but it's way too dry otherwise."
"Not the best I've ever had, but still pretty good! I followed the directions but replaced the elbow noodles with bowtie... Delicious recipe! My girlfriend loved it too! :)..." See more"
"I cut the recipe in half because I knew from looking at the directions that it would not fit in a 9 x 13 pan as is. I also added chicken to the recipe. I poached some chicken breasts in chicken stoc..." See morek and once they were done I removed and boiled the macaroni in the remaining chicken stock. I followed the directions for microwaving the sauce but added the shredded chicken before I mixed it with the macaroni. Once I mixed the chicken, sauce and macaroni I had a feeling that it was going to be a little dry once it was baked but didn't make any correction. After baking it was very dry. The next time I make I will approximately a 1/2 cup of milk to the sauce before I combine with the macaroni. Overall a great recipe, just add a little milk to the sauce."
Baked Mac and Cheese with Sour Cream and Cottage Cheese
Classic Macaroni and Cheese
Just swipe to see more like this.