Meaty Stuffed Pepper Casserole2 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“My husband loves this casserole; he has nicknamed it 'meat mountain.' Much easier to make than the usual stuffed pepper.” - by rebeccahayden87
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat; cook and stir green bell peppers, onion, and garlic in the hot butter until vegetables are slightly soft, 2 minutes. Stir sausage and ground beef into bell pepper mixture; cook until meat is crumbly and browned, stirring often, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain grease. Season mixture with salt, black pepper, oregano, and garlic powder.
- Mix diced tomatoes, rice, tomato paste, and Worcestershire sauce into meat mixture and bring to a simmer; cook until heated through, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour mixture into a large baking dish.
- Whisk tomato soup with water in a bowl until smooth; pour soup over meat mixture. Spread Cheddar cheese over casserole.
- Bake in the preheated oven until casserole is heated through and Cheddar cheese is browned and bubbling, about 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 512 cal
- 31 g
- 30.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"Great and easy recipe. I cut the recipe in half, only used the hamburger, cooked it in a 9x13 pan and it was still enough for our family of four. All of the flavor of stuffed peppers with less work...." See more"
Healthier Stuffed Peppers
Simple and Easy Stuffed Peppers
Just swipe to see more like this.