Manda's Taco Casserole1 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“This recipe was made in my best friend's family for years. She has since passed it on to me. The children love it!” - by erica
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Cook and stir ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat until crumbly and browned, about 10 minutes; drain grease. Mix water and taco seasoning mix into ground beef, bring to a boil, and reduce heat to low. Simmer ground beef mixture, stirring often, until thickened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Heat chili beans in a saucepan over low heat until simmering.
- Spread layers of tortilla chips, ground beef mixture, and chili beans, respectively into a casserole dish; repeat layers until you run out of chips, beef, and beans. Top casserole with Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is bubbling and tips of exposed tortilla chips are golden brown, about 15 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 708 cal
- 44.3 g
- 41 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"I used Johnsonville ground Italian sausage what a nice change of pace. Mom can't take spices so I used beans with bell pepper even still the flavor was awesome and something I want to do again...." See more"
Tater Tot Taco Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.