Del Rio's Mexican Rice0 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“This recipe has been passed down to me from my mother who learned it from her mother. It's made from ingredients found in almost every kitchen! It'll sure be a hit. I have tried this rice over and over again and have developed my own new flavor.” - by Kristen
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Place jalapeno pepper on a baking sheet.
- Roast jalapeno pepper under the preheated broiler until skin is browned and blistered, 2 to 3 minutes per side Remove from oven and remove stem.
- Heat oil in a pot over medium-low heat; cook and stir rice in the hot oil until evenly browned and fragrant, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Blend roasted jalapeno, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, chicken bouillon, lemon juice, and garlic in a blender until smooth; stir into the browned rice. Continuously stir mixture until rice has absorbed the liquid, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour water into rice mixture, continuously stirring until liquid boils. Boil for 1 minute. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until rice is fully cooked, waiting at least 20 minutes before removing the lid. Remove rice from heat and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 198 cal
- 2.1 g
- 40.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
My Favorite Mexican Rice
Easy Mexican Rice
Just swipe to see more like this.