Turkey Casserole2 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“Great for leftover turkey.” - by tlboshoff
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; cook celery at a boil until tender, 5 to 10 minutes; drain.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and bell pepper in the melted butter until softened, 5 to 10 minutes. Whisk flour into onion mixture until the butter and flour form a paste. Add mushroom soup, milk, and mushrooms; cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture is smooth, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Mix turkey, celery, pimento peppers, almonds, and salt into mushroom soup mixture; cook and stir until heated through, about 5 minutes. Pour mixture into a 2-quart casserole dish; top with bread crumbs and Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until casserole is bubbling and cheese is melted, 30 to 40 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 475 cal
- 28.4 g
- 22.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"This was a very tasty recipe. I brought it to a potluck and everyone was raving about it and asking for seconds. I stir fried the celery along with the other veggies to avoid another step and it was f..." See moreine. The bread crumbs seemed a little dry on top maybe next time I'd add a little butter drizzled over the crumbs."
'Adios, Turkey' Casserole
Wild Rice and Turkey Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.