Broccoli Cheese Bites13 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“These cheesy, deep fried broccoli snacks are so tasty, and great for parties. Everyone loves them.” - by REBECCA B.
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Heat oil in deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place broccoli in a medium saucepan with 1 cup boiling water. Return to a boil. Cook covered until firm but tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the Cheddar cheese. Mix in the broccoli. Allow the mixture to cool and thicken approximately 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix the bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Spread the mixture onto a large piece of wax paper.
- Form the broccoli cheese mixture into balls and roll in the bread crumb mixture until thoroughly coated.
- Deep fry the balls until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 441 cal
- 28.1 g
- 30 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (13)Rate This Recipe
"I hated this recipe. It sounds easy and good but when I tried the recipe this evening, it was a major disaster!! They were more like broccoli blobs...." See more"
"This recipe must be missing a step or ingredient or several. It was the biggest mess. I wish that I would have read the review before wasting my money and time...." See more"
"I hate to say it, but this recipe was awful. Once I put these in the hot oil, they fell apart. The bread crumbs became separated from the broccoli balls, and turned into clumps of fried crumbs. E..." See moreverything else just turned into an oily mass of cheese. There is nothing holding these things together. Don't waste your time."
Broccoli Corn Bread with Cheese
Just swipe to see more like this.