Honeyed Beef Stew18 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 2 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 45 min
“A melt in the mouth meal guests ask for again and again. So easy to make .” - by sandra470
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large pot over medium/high heat, heat the olive oil and quickly brown the beef pieces on all sides. Place the onion, green pepper, celery, and carrots into the pot and fry for 5 minutes; stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the honey, lemon juice, mustard, ketchup, water, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Transfer the meat and vegetables to a 2 quart casserole dish. Pour the ketchup mixture over the meat and vegetables.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 679 cal
- 47.7 g
- 21.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (18)Rate This Recipe
"My family and I thought this recipe was delicious. I added a little garlic but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. To eliminate extra pans, I sauteed the meat and veggies in a dutch oven on the st..." See moreove and then poured the sauce over and put it in the oven. After 2 hours, the meat was very tender. Will definitely make again."
"Very tasty. I was looking for a way to use up some stew beef I had in the freezer but didn't want to make that potatoes and carrots gravy type stew during the heat of summer. I followed the recipe alm..." See moreost to a tee except I didn't brown the meat and cooked it in the slow cooker, used sherry for half the water amount, used bottled lemon juice, and added the pineapple as other reviewers had suggested. I also added some cornstarch towards the end to thicken the sauce a bit. I will definetly make this again. But be warned these surprisingly small amounts of honey, lemon juice, mustard and ketchup do make for a subtle sweet and sour, oriental type sauce and it isn't at all what you expect for "stew". Next time I think I will dust the meat with flour or cornstarch. Yes, serve with rice, set the places with chopsticks and pass the soy sauce. Tell hubby it's "pepper steak" and forget the word "stew"."
Beef, Green Chili and Tomato Stew
Oven Beef Stew
Just swipe to see more like this.