Rice pudding with Lemon Juice and Caramelized Onion (Egyptian Kishk)0 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 35 min
“Easy and tasty rice side dish with lemon and caramelized onion. Eat with salad and meat or chicken. Can be served hot or room temperature.” - by annooj
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat broth in a saucepan over medium heat; add rice and simmer until rice is slightly tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Heat butter and oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook onions in the hot butter-oil mixture, stirring constantly, until onions are golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Reserve about 1 tablespoon caramelized onions for garnish; spoon the remaining caramelized onions into the simmering broth.
- Mix yogurt, lemon juice, and salt in a bowl; whisk flour into yogurt mixture until smooth. Blend yogurt mixture and 1 cup broth (free of onion and rice) in a blender until smooth.
- Pour blended yogurt mixture into simmering broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until flavors have blended, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Garnish with reserved caramelized onion and toasted pine nuts.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 299 cal
- 23.4 g
- 17.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Sarah's Rice Pilaf
Just swipe to see more like this.