Absolutely The Best Shrimp Scampi206 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“The best scampi ever. Will melt in your mouth. Serve with a rice pilaf and salad for a wonderful meal.” - by Kat
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Mix thoroughly. Dredge shrimp in flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, saute dredged shrimp in olive oil for 5 minutes over high heat. Toss shrimp often to prevent burning. Transfer shrimp with a slotted spoon to a serving dish, leaving the oil in the pan.
- In the same pan, saute the garlic, shallot, parsley and oregano over medium heat for 3 minutes; stirring constantly. Spoon the mixture over the shrimp. Return pan to the heat. Preheat your broiler for medium heat.
- Pour the wine and brandy into the skillet and ignite with a match or lighter. When the flames die down, stir to loosen any browned bits on the bottom of the skillet; pour over shrimp.
- Place the serving dish of shrimp in a preheated broiler for about 2 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 500 cal
- 29.6 g
- 16 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (206)Rate This Recipe
"This was absolutely the best shrimp scampi ever! it was simple, yet fantastic! If you follow the recipe its great. I threw some feta cheese on top of the shrimp before broiling it. You shouldn't rate ..." See morethe recipe based on your experience with it after changing the recipe. Its unfair for those who haven't tried it yet to consider it with a bad rating based on your recipe instead of the original one."
"Great recipe for scampi. Tossed the brandy/wine mixture with some angel hair pasta, parmesan, red pepper flakes and poured the olive oil/shrimp over the top. It turned out great! The key with the shri..." See moremp is to fully butterfly them, dry them out using a paper towel, flour them and refrigerate before sauteing. Good luck and happy eating"
Shrimp Scampi Bake
Deep Fried Shrimp
Just swipe to see more like this.