Toscana Soup223 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“Potato and sausage soup served at a certain famous restaurant.” - by Ken Miller
Original recipe yields 5 servings
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Place sausage links on a baking sheet and bake 25 minutes, or until cooked through. Slice into 1/2 inch slices.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Saute onions until translucent; add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in broth, water and potatoes; simmer 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add sausage, kale and cream; simmer until heated through and serve.
Amount Per Serving (5 total)
- 271 cal
- 21.7 g
- 6.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (223)Rate This Recipe
"Wow! Amazing! Having worked at the OG I made a few minute changes. I added 1 tbs of crushed red pepper, salt & pepper to taste, a little cornstarch and water to thicken it up, mashed a few of the p..." See moreotatoes, and added freshly grated parmesan cheese. (Though I like my toscana a little thick, I don't recommend this if you like it thin.)"
"This soup is awesome but only 4 stars for me because it should be made with spicy ground sausage, it should have a lot more potatoes, and the broth is a little thin compared to OG's. I worked at OG f..." See moreor a long time and the kale is added when the pan is refilled and served immediately. The longer it sits, the more the kale softens up, but most days it doesn't get to sit for very long. Next time I will add more potatoes and try to figure out how to thicken it just a bit more, maybe whisk a little cornstarch into the broth before adding other ingredients. Oh yeah, I tripled this recipe and used 2 packages of ground sausage, 1 lb. each, and I used all chicken broth, taste was wonderful!!!"
Rich Italian Sausage and Potato Soup
Winter Solstice Soup
Just swipe to see more like this.