Stuffed and Baked Tomatoes19 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“Tasty and not too hard to make. If you prefer, use 8 small tomatoes, bake in muffin cups and reduce baking time to 15 minutes.” - by Krista B
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a small saucepan over high heat, bring water to a boil. Stir in rice; cover and remove from heat. Let stand covered 5 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with fork.
- Slice off the top of each tomato and scoop out the pulp, leaving a 1/4 inch thick shell. Reserve 3 tablespoons of pulp, chopped. Invert the tomatoes to drain.
- In a medium bowl combine rice, tomato pulp, green pepper, onion, parsley, salt, garlic and olive oil; mix well. Spoon filling into tomato shells.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 364 cal
- 2 g
- 79.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (19)Rate This Recipe
"This was pretty good. My mom and sister loved these. I changed a bit of the ingredients around since I didn't have all the ingredients you listed. I mixed normal white rice, butter, ground pepper, ..." See moresalt, pieces of pepperoni, onions, garlic, and feta cheese and stuffed them into the tomatoes. Very tasty."
"You will have to prepare rice for this recipe which takes away from it being very simple, and I found I needed about more of the stuffing mixture than the recipe called for. Fortunately, I had prepare..." See mored rice for another recipe, and happened to have plenty left over. Keep that in mind, so you that you make plenty of rice and chopped veggies ahead of time. The next time I make it, I will sprinkle salt and pepper on the inside of the tomatoes before putting the mixture in, maybe even brush a little oil and salt on the outside too. I didn't use parsley, but instead substituted oregano. They were delicous, and a great way to add a nice colorful vegetable dish to my pork chop dinner. "
"This was very good. I did use the smaller tomatoes I had on hand. I took some people's advice and added mozzarella cheese tot he mix. Since I had more basil on hand I used that too, and a red pepper i..." See morenstead of green. Brown rice instead of white was just as good and all in all this was a great and adaptable recipe."
Stuffed Tomatoes with Grits and Ricotta
Baked Tomatoes Oregano
Just swipe to see more like this.