BB's Chicken24 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 2 hr
- Ready In: 2 hr 10 min
“Chicken breasts are baked with Swiss cheese, celery soup and sherry, and topped with a buttery stuffing crust. A great casserole.” - by Barbara
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Lay chicken breasts in the bottom of the pan and place a piece of Swiss cheese on each breast.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup combine soup with sherry. Pour over chicken.
- Combine stuffing and melted butter; spread over chicken.
- Bake, covered, in preheated oven for 60 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 60 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 843 cal
- 38 g
- 50.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (24)Rate This Recipe
"Great recipe,Barbara. A tasty combination with the celery soup. It is a tad salty for my family, but I couldn't find reduced sodium celery soup. I'll keep looking because this is a definite keeper. Oh..." See more Yeah...I believe the cooking time should read one hour at 350 degrees with a cover the first 30 minutes, no cover the last. At least, this is how it worked for me. The chicken was sooooo tender and the sauce was just thick enough to make a good gravy. The stuffing was moist with the edges being crispy. A very pleasant texture all around. Thanks so much for sharing."
"I used cream of chicken soup, not cream of celery and used milk instead of sherry. Turned out great..chicken was moist and with lots of flavor. I did bake at 325 for 30 minutes covered then 30 minu..." See moretes uncovered as others recommended. A comfort food for sure! Thanks"
Best Baked Chicken
Best Chicken Ever
Just swipe to see more like this.