Spicy Crispy Beef146 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“Have never found a recipe for crispy ginger beef like the ones in the restaurants. Have experimented, and have found something pretty close. Serve with rice and some steamed veggies.” - by Brent
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat oil in deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, combine cornstarch, salt and pepper together. Mix thoroughly. Toss the steak slices in the cornstarch mixture and coat well.
- Deep fry the coated steak slices until golden brown. Check to make sure they are cooked through. Remove from oil, and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, rice wine and honey. Add sugar, chili paste, water, and ginger. Mix well and set aside.
- Heat a wok or deep frying pan over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil, and quickly saute the onion, garlic and red pepper for 30 seconds. Add the sauce mixture, and cook another 30 seconds. Finally, add the strips of fried steak and toss to heat through and coat with sauce.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 490 cal
- 31.9 g
- 41 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (146)Rate This Recipe
"WOW Brent!!! I was a little skeptical about this recipe because I wasn't sure how the beef would turn out...(I rarely fry anything), but I was in total shock when I tasted how good this was. I know t..." See morehis is just as good as the crispy beef I've ordered at a local chinese restaurant around our area. I didn't use fresh ginger...only powdered and instead of the chili paste, I used hot chili sauce. I thickened up the sauce with a little cornstarch at the end since mine was a bit watery. But other than those few changes, I pretty much followed the directions. I highly recommened this recipe!!"
Aspiring Chef Rita
"Delicous and relatively easy to make - just a bit time consuming. To those who don't have rice wine on hand - the internet said you could substitute it with either vermouth, white wine or sherry. I ..." See moreended up having to use the cheap cooking sherry and it worked out fine. (I always keep it in the closet for emergencies - like this one!)"
Mjjk (aka Sammy)
"Fantastic starter recipe! Porportions were right on! I changed it up by: adding flour and water to make a batter, using MORE fresh ginger, MORE garlic, adding sesame oil, and a FABULOUS FLAVOUR BLAS..." See moreT: real orange juice, grated orange zest and orange marmalade--EVERYBODY at the potluck RAVED and ate it all!!! My husband said Make sure you bring home any leftovers!! I didn't use the chili paste, the sliced onion, or the red bell pepper; and I added shredded carrot for colour! The recipe multiplied perfectly up to 6 lbs of beef!"
Spicy Gingered Beef and Snap Pea Salad
Spicy Beef Fajitas
Just swipe to see more like this.