Pesto Lasagna48 Reviews
- Prep: 35 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“Scrumptious lasagna with basil pesto, spinach and plenty of bubbly cheese.” - by JAMON0126
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add lasagna and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In large skillet over medium heat, saute onion in the olive oil until tender. Add spinach and stir. Remove from heat and stir in the pesto. In a large bowl mix ricotta cheese, egg, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- In a 3 quart greased baking dish, layer the noodles then the spinach mixture, followed by the ricotta mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella. Repeat the layers ending with noodles on top. Spread the Alfredo sauce over the top and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Cover with foil and bake in a preheated oven for 45 to 55 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 712 cal
- 40.4 g
- 53.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (48)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe is okay, but I will definitely make some adjustments next time. Too much ricotta cheese (8oz would be fine) and not enough pesto. I substituted mushrooms for the spinach, which was a goo..." See mored choice. The directions should include putting a bit of sauce on the bottom of the pan as the bottom layer of noodles got a bit hard. Also, the amount of sauce on top is a bit much so either spread it out through the dish or just pour 1/2 the called for amount on top. Even with all that said, I will make again."
"I made this for a dinner party and everyone loved it!! I used the jar pesto sauce and alfredo sauce and no cook noodles which made it faster and easier to make. I put a layer of alfredo sauce on the b..." See moreottom and the top, I also added a tsp of fresh garlic to the onion and spinach mixture which added more flavor, my husband said it was one of the best dishes I had made!!! Try it!!!"
"I HAD A BUNCH OF FRESH SPINACH TO USE UP, SO I TRIED THIS RECIPE. I DIDN'T HAVE ANY BASIL PESTO ON HAND, SO I USED CLASSICO SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO AND SUN-DRIED TOMATO ALFREDO SAUCE. I SAUTEED THE O..." See moreNION WITH GARLIC, SLICED MUSHROOMS, SHREDDED CARROTS AND CHOPPED ZUCCHINI WHICH I SEASONED WITH NATURE'S SEASON SALT MIXTURE INSTEAD OF ADDING SALT TO THE CHEESE FILLING. I MIXED THE PARMESAN INTO THE CHEESE FILLING AND LEFT OUT THE NUTMEG BECAUSE I DIDN'T THINK IT WOULD GO WITH THE SUN-DRIED TOMATO SAUCE. I LAID UNCOOKED SPINACH LEAVES ON TOP OF THE VEGGIE FILLING IN EACH LAYER. I HATE COOKING LASAGNA NOODLES, SO I LAID THEM IN THE GLASS BAKING DISH, POURED BOILING WATER OVER THEM AND LET THEM SOAK WHILE I PREPARED THE VEGETABLES AND THE CHEESE FILLING. I USED A 16-OZ JAR OF ALFREDO SAUCE AND POURED ABOUT HALF OF IT INTO THE DISH BEFORE I PUT IN THE FIRST LAYER OF NOODLES, AND THEY COOKED JUST FINE IN THE SAUCE. THIS IS THE FIRST VEGGIE LASAGNA I HAVE EVER MADE AND IT TURNED OUT GREAT!"
Spinach Lasagna II
Pesto Polenta Lasagna
Just swipe to see more like this.