Barbecue Ham Pizza21 Reviews
- Prep: 2 hr
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 25 min
“This is one of our favorite pizzas. It's great with regular pizza sauce as well, but the barbecue gives it a delicious new twist which compliments the ham and pineapple perfectly.” - by STEPHNDON
Original recipe yields 1 - 14 inch pizza
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- Add the all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, honey, olive oil and salt to the yeast mixture; stir well to combine. When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes. Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Deflate the dough and turn it out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll the dough out into a 14 inch diameter circle and place on a 14 inch pizza pan which has been lightly dusted with cornmeal or lightly oiled. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). In a small bowl, combine ham and 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce; set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium saute pan over medium heat. Saute onions and garlic in butter, stirring occasionally, until onions are brown and caramelized, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in ham and pineapple.
- Spread remaining 6 tablespoons barbecue sauce over pizza dough. Top with half of the cheeses. Spread on ham mixture. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake in heated oven for 15 to 18 minutes, until crust is lightly browned and cheese completely melted. Let pizza sit for 5 minutes before slicing.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 283 cal
- 12.5 g
- 30.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (21)Rate This Recipe
"This was good, but not great, although I normally love Hawaiian pizza. The whole wheat crust was not as good as a regular type crust. I also found that it cooked faster than indicated. It was done ..." See morein 14 minutes."
"So yummy! I followed the directions exact, except: I didn't have any gouda cheese, so I just left that out (although I'm sure it was delicious too!) I also had a green bell pepper that was about to ..." See morego bad,(I can't stand throwing out food!) so I chopped that up and browned with the onion. Yum! I will definitely make this again!"
"This was WONDERFUL...my husband is a chef and usually when I try a new recipe he picks it apart with all the changes he would make. He couldn't quit saying.."This is so good, I wouldn't change anythi..." See moreng." However, I did use store bought crust and I used canadian bacon instead of ham (it was cheaper!)"
California-Style Barbecue Chicken Pizza
Just swipe to see more like this.