Weeknight Chicken Cordon Bleu129 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“This is a tasty and quick recipe that is great for a weeknight when you want something yummy and don't have the time. Great over noodles.” - by ETRUPIA
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place milk and bread crumbs in two separate shallow bowls. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Place one slice of ham and one slice of cheese on each piece of chicken; roll, and secure with toothpicks. Dip each chicken roll into milk, and then into breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown rolled chicken on all sides. Arrange the chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, blend soup and cream; season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour over the chicken.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 538 cal
- 29.4 g
- 20.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (129)Rate This Recipe
"This was good. I've made this several times but my husband is not a big fan of the soup so instead of the soup, I mixed 1/3 cup of butter, 1/3 cup flour, 1 3/4 cups of chicken broth (99% fat free) 2/..." See more3 cups of 2% milk. 1/4 tsp. pepper, 1/2 tsp. salt (optional) Mix well. Whisk in sauce pan till thickens then pour over chicken and bake."
"This recipe tasted ok but didn't really work well. I found the cheese melted out of the chicken into the sauce which made the sauce yummy but the chicken rather bland. If I make this again I would dip..." See more the flattened chicken breasts in breadcrumbs, brown in the frypan then layer on a baking sheet & top with ham & cheese. I would make the sauce separately and serve with the chicken."
"Our family is very busy and this recipe was perfect! It was very quick and everyone thought it tasted great. We had no bread crumbs and so I altered the recipe by just laying out the chicken flat in..." See more a large casserole dish, topped with the swiss cheese and then the ham and just baked it for about 15 minutes. Then I topped it with the soup and cream sauce and baked it until the chicken was done. It turned out wonderfully. Next time I will try it with the bread crumb coating :)"
Chicken Cordon Bleu II
Healthier Chicken Cordon Bleu II
Just swipe to see more like this.