Best Lasagna44 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“This recipe is called 'Best Lasagna' because it is rated best by my family and friends. May be served with a light garden salad with Italian dressing.” - by Kristen
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Bring a large pot of water to a rapid boil. Boil lasagna noodles 6 to 8 minutes until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water. Lay noodles flat and remove excess water with a paper towel.
- In a skillet, brown the ground beef over medium-high heat. Add onion, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Cook until there is no remaining pink color in beef. Drain any liquids and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together ricotta cheese, Romano cheese, 2 cups of the spaghetti sauce and the seasoned ground beef. Mix until well blended. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Add a thin layer of spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Add a layer of noodles lengthwise and a few noodles in the opposite direction. Pour in a generous layer of ricotta mixture on top of noodles. Top ricotta layer with several basil leaves. Add another layer of noodles lengthwise. Spread on 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Line up the zucchini slices on top of the mozzarella cheese. Add another thin layer of ricotta cheese. Add the last layer of noodles lengthwise. Top the noodles with the remaining spaghetti sauce, several more basil leaves in an eye catching arrangement and top with the remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes. If Mozzarella cheese becomes too browned, loosely cover with a piece of foil.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 543 cal
- 22.7 g
- 50.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (44)Rate This Recipe
"I used Italian Sausage (Jimmy Dean's) in place of beef- which was INCREDIBLE, cottage cheese in place of ricotta and parmesan in place of romano. I also used 2 jars of spaghetti sauce and 1/2 cups (1..." See more package shredded all together) extra mozzerella. Also added a couple cloves of minced garlic. Can't leave that out!! It was the absolutely the best lasagna ever! I also used the no-cook lasagna noodles and just put them in the dish dry, it worked great- and saved a lot of time and mess. I highly recommend these changes to anyone. I will be making it again and again. My boyfriend was ecstatic as well!"
"A really good recipe for lasagna. Very easy to make. I used the suggestion of sausage instead of hamburger meat. That worked very well, but I am going to try the hamburger next time for the textur..." See moree. Definitely needed A LOT more pasta sauce. If you are going to try this, triple what the original recipe calls for in this regard."
"Fantastic. I used the suggestions of all the reviewers to make sure that this turned out well. First, I added a few cloves of minced garlic to the meat. I also kept the ricotta/romano mixture (to whic..." See moreh I added a beaten egg and a package of frozen spinach) separate from the meat/sauce mixture. For the sauce I used my favorite garden vegetable chunky spaghetti sauce. This made for a lasagna that my boyfriend claims is my best yet! By the way, half a package of lasagna noodles would have been sufficient. I ended up throwing away half of the pound. Thank you for the recipe!"
World's Best Lasagna
Restaurant Style Lasagna
Just swipe to see more like this.