Cheesy Green Bean Dish12 Reviews
- Prep: 5 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“Green beans are baked in a rich sauce of mozzarella cheese, cottage cheese and milk, and topped with a seasoned bread crumb crust.” - by sal
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, saute onion until translucent. Stir in flour, milk, mozzarella cheese, cottage cheese, sugar and salt; cook, stirring, until thickened.
- Place green beans in a 9x13 inch baking dish; pour cheese sauce over green beans.
- In a small bowl combine bread crumbs and egg. Spread over green beans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 243 cal
- 7.5 g
- 30.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (12)Rate This Recipe
"I really enjoyed this dish, however a bit more moisture is recommended for the bread crumb topping. I'm not sure if it was the elevation, but I had to used two eggs beaten in order for the bread crumb..." See mores to be moist enough not to fade into sawdust in the oven. I also substituted a cheddar and monterey jack mixture for the mozzarella as I like a little bite. I also sprinkled paprika and fresh ground black pepper on top of the cheese mixture, and grated fresh romano before applying the bread crumbs for a bit more spice."
"Maybe this is a great recipe if you use frozen green beans, but I think it's practically inedible! A friend of mine picked green beans from her garden so I wanted to find a good side dish recipe. The ..." See morecheesy sauce is wonderful, but the beans are like leather, impossible to chew. I don't know if they got that way from being baked in the oven or if they were too ripe, not ripe enough, etc. At least the rest of it tastes good!"
Green Bean Casserole I
Classy Green Bean Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.