Holly's Egg and Cheese Bake7 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“Turn ordinary hard boiled eggs into a delicious meal. Chopped cooked eggs and bacon are baked in a casserole with cheese sauce.” - by Jill Sedio
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
- Lightly grease a 2 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle half of the chopped egg in the bottom of the casserole, add half of the bacon; repeat.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened and transparent. Stir in flour. Slowly add milk and shredded cheese. Stir until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth and creamy. Pour over layered eggs and bacon.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 791 cal
- 66.3 g
- 13.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"Tasted great but was REALLY soupy. Is it supposed to be like that?..." See more"
"I've made this recipe a couple of times. We just finished eating it and it was absolutely fabulous. This time I halved the recipe since there was only two of us. I had ham instead of bacon on hand,..." See more just less milk than called for (just enough to make a nice cheese sauce. Add a little milk, then a little cheese, repeat until cheese is gone). I also sauteed the onions and then added the ham in the pan to flavor up the ham. The adding of dijon mustard as suggested in another review topped everything off perfectly. There was no need for salt or pepper. It reminded us of eggs benedict. Delicious!"
Egg and Cheese Puffs
Bagel and Cheese Bake
Just swipe to see more like this.