- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“One of my all time favorites! My mother got this recipe from her friend Betty, It's a make ahead recipe, to be frozen and used later. My mother used to make mass quantities and take them out whenever she needed for an easy meal or hors d'oeuvre. She also made it with the light cream instead of milk.” - by MORGIE
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch pie
- In medium bowl, toss 4 teaspoons flour with the grated cheese. Sprinkle mixture into the pie shell. On top of cheese, sprinkle 1/2 cup of diced ham.
- In medium bowl, combine eggs, milk or cream, and then add salt and mustard powder. Beat until smooth and pour over cheese and ham.
- Put piece of plastic wrap large enough to overlap sides over top of quiche, then a piece of foil, and seal well around the edges. (plastic keeps the foil from sticking to the food). Place prepared quiche in freezer.
- When ready to prepare, preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C.) Remove foil and plastic wrap. Put foil around edge of crust to protect it.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until filling is set and crust is golden brown. Garnish with parsley and pimiento if desired
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 260 cal
- 17.2 g
- 14.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (219)Rate This Recipe
"I have been using this quiche recipe quite a bit lateley! The basic ingredients are the perfect base for almost any add-ins. Our favorite is to sautee ham, asparagus and onion and put that right on ..." See moretop of the swiss cheese. Another favorite is to use one package of frozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed dry from all it's water and spread out on top of the swiss cheese. The recipe recommends freezing this and cooking it later, but I have been making it and then baking it right away. 350 for one hour seems to be the best cooking time and temp! I have never added the pimento or parsley for garnish. Also, I probably add a little bit more than 1 1/2 cups swiss cheese and I always use cream instead of milk! I have actually been told by more than one person that this is the best quiche that they have ever had - how is that for a compliment :)"
"VERY quick and easy! It only took 10 minutes to put together. I also added some frozen spinach. I love this recipe. Thanks for sharing!!..." See more"
"I have a monthly freezer meal swap with 9 other ladies and prepared this for my meal. I made 10 quiches (so easy...only trading Cheddar for Swiss) and they froze beautifully! I loved being able to pul..." See morel my quiche out of the freezer and stick it straight into the oven, no thawing mess! Very delicious flavor and the feedback from my meal exchange ladies was awesome! They all insisted on having the recipe! Have made it for brunches and potlucks since then and mixed up the ingredients using bacan or sausage and various cheeses and veggies. This is a very good base recipe!! Have fun with it. I always get rave reviews. "
Easy Broccoli Quiche
Just swipe to see more like this.