Chicken Danielle176 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“A thick, creamy mushroom sauce served over golden brown chicken breasts and linguini. Easy and satisfying. Crusty bread is always good for dipping in the sauce as well.” - by DANIELLE M.
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Melt 6 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to skillet. Cook until halfway done and golden brown on both sides, about 4 to 7 minutes each side. When browned, remove chicken to a 9x13 inch baking dish. Set skillet aside, reserving drippings.
- In a separate skillet, melt the 2 remaining tablespoons of butter over medium high heat and saute mushrooms. Add 1/4 cup of the wine and stir; let reduce over low heat for 5 minutes. Set mushrooms and drippings aside, keeping warm.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Add cream of chicken soup and cream of mushroom soup to reserved chicken/drippings skillet. Mix soups well with drippings, making sure no lumps remain. Slowly add cream, stirring constantly, then add remaining 1/2 cup wine; season with rosemary and thyme. Adjust amount of wine as needed to make a nice, thick gravy consistency. Let mixture simmer over medium heat until bubbly, then add reserved mushroom mixture and stir together.
- Pour soup/mushroom mixture over chicken in baking dish, cover and bake in preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes.
- About 15 minutes before serving chicken, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add linguine and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Serve chicken breasts and sauce over the hot cooked pasta.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 1005 cal
- 52 g
- 81.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (176)Rate This Recipe
"This is a winner! The sauce is so velvety and delicious. I added a clove of garlic to the mushroom mixture because we love garlic. Also, I used only one skillet for everything. Brown the chicken,remov..." See moree it; add the mushrooms, seasonings and wine & reduce it. Then add soup mixture to same skillet. Pour over the chicken and bake. Then you have only one skillet to wash! This recipe is a MUST TRY! You won't be disappointed!!! For the reviewers who thought it was bland, just add more rosemary, thyme & garlic."
"This was a good recipe. This was the first time I made it and I wanted to share some things I did to cut down on the fat and calories. I used half the amount of butter, reduced fat soups, and fat fr..." See moreee half and half (instead of the heavy cream). My husband and I thought it was very tasty!"
Saucy Chicken Cordon Bleu
Soy Sauce Chicken and Rice
Just swipe to see more like this.